Final paper should explore current ethical issues in the workplace that are relevant to your current career or the career that you are preparing to pursue. Your task is to begin to explore the possible issues within your workplace and choose one to focus on throughout the course as you begin to build your final paper. Please consider the following as possible approaches for this final paper:
- Illustrate the impact of organizational goals and objectives, structure, culture, environment, ethics policies, and incentive systems on ethical behavior within an organization.
- Evaluate and revise an ethics program to increase ethical behavior within an organizational environment.
- Create and systematically apply a defensible ethical moral framework to a contemporary ethics issue. To systematically apply the ethical moral framework, you must use the framework consistently as you describe the ethics issue. Explore the issue using the framework you create. HINT: This is done through the application of an ethical theory.
This final paper is your opportunity to delve into a topic within the framework of ethics that you find interesting, based on your approved topic and thesis statement.
- Focus your paper on the connection between your topic and ethics theory. You must use your approved topic.
- You must support your views. While your opinions are important, they are not sufficient for a discussion for this type of paper. The academic connections are crucial.
- Use your full-sentence outline to build the paper. This creates the blueprint for the final paper.
- Your paper must include the following three sections:
- Introduction: State what you are going to tell me in the body of the paper. This is a synopsis of the point of the paper. The thesis statement resides here.
- Body: This is the place where you pull your research together and develop your points. The body should include:
- An overview of the ethics theory you are using.
- A connection of the theory to your topic.
- A discussion about the impact of the topic and theory.
- Conclusion: Emphasize important aspects of your research project. This is your opportunity to highlight key points, answer your question, argue a perspective, and/or make recommendations.