Referencing the Learning Resources below, choose a question in the research project list below and answer it in relation to an issue in literature and technology that is covered in the learning resources below.
How AI is revolutionising the role of the literary critic | Aeon Essays :
Gregory Heyworth: How I’m discovering the secrets of ancient texts | TED Talk | TED.com : https://www.ted.com/talks/gregory_heyworth_how_i_m_discovering_the_secrets_of_ancient_texts
Brave New World, Plato’s Republic, and Our Scientific Regime | The New Atlantis : https://www.thenewatlantis.com/publications/brave-new-world-platos-republic-and-our-scientific-regime
Scientists Fallen Among Poets | The New Atlantis : https://www.thenewatlantis.com/publications/scientists-fallen-among-poets
Questions (the research project list)
- What is the problem for which this technology is the solution?
- Whose problem is it?
- Which people and what institutions might be most seriously harmed by a technological solution?
- What new problems might be created because we have solved this problem?
- What sort of people and institutions might acquire special economic and political power because of technological change?
- What changes in language are being enforced by new technologies, and what is being gained and lost by such changes?
This assignment needs to be a minimum of 200 words.