Quantitative analysis requires the use of numeric data to describe and interpret the results.The types of numeric data collected will determine what statistics can be utilized.
- Please provide a definition of the nominal, ordinal, interval, and ratio scales and develop a simple chart with an example of each. Additionally, specify the types of statistics that might be used with each as follows:
Type of Data Example Statistical Procedure Nominal (provide definition) Ordinal (provide definition) Interval (provide definition) Ratio (provide definition)
- Conclude your discussion with a reflection on how statistics might be utilized in your own evidence-based practice.
- Provide at least three citations with full references to credible nursing scholarly articles supporting your definitions and discussion.
In order to earn full discussion points, the following criteria must be met in full:
1. Provide an initial post on or BEFORE Saturday.
2. Post more than 2 comments per Discussion topic on separate days (resulting in total participation on three different days throughout the discussion). At least two comments include a citation.
3. Frequently attempt to motivate the group discussion.
4. Answer all discussion question points with opinions/ideas creatively and clearly. Supports post using several outside, peer-reviewed sources (Scholarly sources… NOT internet sites).
5. No errors with APA format.
6. Consistently use Standard American English with no misspellings. Appropriate mechanics and formatting.
7. The initial post must at least 200 words. This does not include repeating the DB question or the citations and references.Class,
Before responding to this discussion, please review the following:
Levels of Measurement
Levels of Measurement: what you can and can’t do arithmetically