It’s time you get Clinical Experience and Counseling nursing Practicum Journal Entry writing help. Let our professional nursing writers step in for your nursing writing assignments.
Learning Objectives. Students will:
- Develop diagnoses for clients receiving psychotherapy*
- Evaluate the efficacy of existential-humanistic therapy for clients*
- Analyze legal and ethical implications of counseling clients with psychiatric disorders*
- Analyze clinical supervision experiences
For Part 1, select a client whom you observed or counseled this week (other than the client used for this week’s Discussion). Then, address the following in your Practicum Journal:
- Describe the client and identify any pertinent history or medical information, including prescribed medications.
- Using the DSM-5, explain and justify your diagnosis for this client.
- Explain whether existential-humanistic therapy would be beneficial to this client. Include expected outcomes based on this therapeutic approach.
- Explain any legal and/or ethical implications related to counseling this client.
- Support your approach with evidence-based literature.
For Part 2, reflect on your clinical supervision experiences. Then, address the following in your Practicum Journal:
- How often are you receiving clinical supervision from your preceptor?
- What are the sessions like?
- What is the preceptor bringing to your attention?
- How are you translating these sessions to your clinical practice?
Wheeler, K. (Ed.). (2014). Psychotherapy for the advanced practice psychiatric nurse: A how-to guide for evidence-based practice (2nd ed.). New York, NY: Springer Publishing Company.
Chapter 10, “Humanistic-Existential and Solution-Focused Approaches to Psychotherapy” (Review pp. 369–406)
American Psychiatric Association. (2013). Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders (5th ed.). Washington, DC: Author.
Nagy, T. F. (2011). Ethics in psychotherapy. In Essential ethics for psychologists: A primer for understanding and mastering core issues (pp. 185–198). Washington, DC: American Psychological Association. doi:10.1037/12345-010
Sommers-Flanagan, J., & Sommers-Flanagan, R. (2013). Counseling and psychotherapy theories in context and practice [Video file]. Mill Valley, CA: Psychotherapy.net.
Note: For this week, view Existential Therapy, Person-Centered Therapy, and Gestalt Therapy only. You will access this media from the Walden Library databases