A new initiative has been introduced to educate nurses, health care workers, and social services workers on how to prevent workplace violence where you work. Write a 750–1,000-word article on workplace violence and prevention measures for the hospital employee newsletter.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria :
- Competency 1: Explain the effect of health care policies, legislation, and legal issues on health care delivery and patient outcomes.
- Identify the political, legal, and/or legislative factors that may contribute to violence in health care settings.
- Competency 2: Explain the effect of regulatory environments and controls on health care delivery and patient outcomes.
- Identify the main components of OSHA’s workplace violence prevention guidelines.
- Explain the American Nursing Association’s position on violence in the workplace.
- Explain safety policies and protocols for preventing and responding to violence against health care workers.