NURS 126 – Nursing Care of Special Populations – Geriatric and Psychiatric Nursing
Introduces concepts related to mental health and illness across the lifespan as well as the unique physiologic and psychosocial needs of the older adult. Healthy aging of the older adult patient is emphasized.
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Access and use current research evidence to promote clinical reasoning for the special care needs of adult and geriatric populations with alterations in biopsychosocial functioning.
- Adhere to the legal/ethical responsibilities of the student nurse when providing care to the geriatric/psychiatric populations.
- Identify legal issues involved in providing care to patients with alterations in mental health in the adult and geriatric populations.
- Correlate performance of nursing techniques with desired physiologic and psychological outcomes.
- Recognize Geriatric syndromes and chronic conditions, including atypical presentations.
- Advocate during acute exacerbations of chronic conditions to prevent further complications
- Maintain maximum function and independence in the psychiatric, adult and geriatric populations.
- Analyze risk and benefits of care decisions in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team, patient, family and caregiver.
- Interpret findings and evaluate clinical situations in order to provide high-quality nursing care based on current knowledge and best practices to psychiatric and geriatric populations.
- Assess, respond to, and respect the functional status, strengths, wishes, culture and expectations of adult and geriatric populations.
- Apply the principles of therapeutic communication across the life cycle.
- Facilitate interdisciplinary communication for transitioning adult and geriatric populations
- Use technology to enhance the functioning, independence and safety of psychiatric, adult and geriatric populations.
- Specify the unique nursing responsibilities in the administration of medications to psychiatric, adult and geriatric populations.
- Assess and provide nursing care to promote safety based on the biopsychosocial vulnerabilities and care needs of psychiatric, adult and geriatric populations
Need NURS 126 – Nursing Care of Special Populations – Geriatric and Psychiatric Nursing Assignment Help?
If you need help with your nursing paper(s), our professional nursing writers are always ready to tackle even the hardest of nursing papers. Get in touch. Order today and Always.
Order a Custom Nursing Paper from our Professional Nursing Writers
100% Plagiarism Free Papers: Yes! That’s it. No compromise on any work. No joke.
Secrecy of information: The client’s information is secured in our database and cannot be revealed to any third parties without the customer’s consent.
Round the clock customer service: Our staff is always available to offer assistance when you need it.
Endless revisions: In case of any complaints about the work done, the writers are available to revise the work to the client’s satisfaction.
Never again should you struggle with assignments while help is only a Place Order away.
You order, We Deliver.