Instructions: For this assignment, you will write a method paper than contains the items listed in the content below.
The assignment needs to include the following areas of content.
- Intervention – Overview (0.5 points): In no more than one page, explain your proposed intervention.
- Intervention – Literature Review (1 point): In no more than one page, discuss your literature review and how it informs your proposed intervention.
- Intervention – Benefits (0.5 points): In no more than one page, explain why you think your population will benefit from the intervention. Ensure your explanation draws on the literature you are using to support this choice of intervention.
- Intervention Plan (2 points): In one- to two-pages, describe in chronological order how you will implement your intervention and provide a hypothetical yet practical timeframe for these steps.
- Ethics – Philosophy (0.5 points): In one- to two-paragraphs, explain how this intervention fits within your philosophy of teaching. You may have written a philosophy in EDU623 or another prior course.
- Ethics – Social Principles (0.5 points): In one- to two-paragraphs, explain how this intervention relates to your social principles as an educator.
- Ethics – Harm (1 point): In one- to two-paragraphs, explain how the literature you reviewed leads you to believe what you are doing is an appropriate intervention.
- Ethics – Protection (0.5 points): In one- to two-paragraphs, explain your planned measures to ensure you are protecting the study participants and doing no harm.
- Ethics – Bias (0.5 points): In one- to two-paragraphs, explain your planned measures to ensure the study yields unbiased results.
- Data Collection Procedures (1 point): In one page, revise your triangulation matrix from the Week Three Triangulation discussion adding a column that includes how and when you will collect your data. This timeline will be hypothetical and approximate. The Data Collection Procedures section can follow this example:
|Research Questions||Data Collection Tool||Why this tool? Justify its use in your study. How does it match with what you are attempting to find and to measure?||Timeframe:|
How and when data will be collected.
|What are students’ perceived confidence levels with learning new math concepts through digital/virtual learning forums exclusively?||One|
assessment Likert survey
|Allows students to rate their level of perceived confidence with learning math concepts through digital or virtual learning forums as opposed to a live teacher. Provides multiple question types to gather wider breadth of potential student concerns.||Phase 1:|
Given for up to first three days of study depending upon attendance in the first 15 minutes of class-computer lab