In the Strayer Online Library, go to the EBSCO-Host Academic database.Find a recent research article from a scholarly journal in the field of sociology. Be sure to select an article for which the full-text is available. Actual journals for which full-text is available include Sociological Viewpoints, Sociological Forum, Qualitative Sociology, Sociology of Religion, Canadian Journal of Sociology and Rural Sociology, among others.In some cases, publishers do not make the full-text available on EBSCO-Host for 12 months after publication.
|Note: Do not use newspaper or magazine articles or Websites such as Wikipedia to complete this assignment.|
Your selected article must meet all of the stated criteria or your assignment will not be accepted. Before proceeding, ensure that your selected article meets the following criteria:
- Full-text is available in EBSCO-Host database
- Is a scholarly journal article in the field of sociology
- Was published less than 12 years ago.
Get a sense of what the article is about by reading some key sections. Begin by reading the Abstract of the article. Subsequently, read the Introduction and the Discussion sections. Flip through the article and look at any figures or tables.
Write a 450-600 word paper (1.5 to 2 pages) in which you:
- Identify your selected article in proper APA citation format.
- Describe the type of article it is. In other words, is it primarily a review of existing research, or a report of new research? How can you tell? If it is a research article, what type of research was involved?
- Summarize what you’ve leared about the content of the article. What were the major findings? How were they supported?
- Explain how this article fits into the overall field of sociology. Identify the chapter of your textbook would this article go along with.
- Explain how this article is different from articles in non-scholarly periodicals, such as magazines and newspapers. Explain any similarities.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Apply the sociological perspective to a variety of socioeconomic and political problems.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in sociology.
- Write clearly and concisely about sociology using proper writing mechanics.