What is meant by evidence based practice in nursing?
Also called evidence-based medicine, EBP is an approach to making quality decisions and providing nursing care based upon personal clinical expertise in combination with the most current, relevant research available on the topic. EBN implements the most up to date methods of providing care, which have been proven through appraisal of high-quality studies and statistically significant research findings.
What are the critical components of Evidence Based Practice
In nutshell, Research, Clinical Expertise and Patient Preference makes up EBP
What is the purpose of Evidence-Based Nursing
The main is to select from the health related research studies and reviews that report important advances relevant to best nursing practice. The clinical relevance of the studies is assessed to identify research that is relevant to nursing.
The Steps of Evidence Based Nursing
- Identify a case of concern about existing nursing practices
- Formulate Clinical Question also called PICOT – Patient population, Issue or intervention, Comparison group, Outcome, and Time frame.
- Search for and Collect Relevant Evidence
- Critically Appraise the Evidence
- Integrate the Evidence
- Evaluate Outcomes
- Disseminate Outcomes -share the experience and results
Do you have an evidence based practice assignment? Provide us with your requirements/instructions and we will gladly ease your pressures. Order Now