This week’s readings have dealt with the important issues of ethics, diversity, and social responsibility. Many people consider these issues to be inter-related or overlapping aspects of doing business in the 21st century. An organization’s diverse stakeholders can, and generally do, have diverse opinions and varied expectations concerning what constitutes ethical behavior and socially responsible management.
Consider the examples of Walgreens and Habitat International in Chapter 3 of your course text.
Submit by Day 7 a 300- to 700- word paper which answers all of the following questions:
- What impact, if any, has the practice of hiring and training employees with disabilities had on operations and management decision making?
- What motivated the managers of these two companies to begin this hiring practice?
- Which of following is more compatible with the policy of hiring employees with disabilities: 1) a short-term focus on profit, or 2) a long-term focus on profit?
- Should these companies rethink this hiring policy? Why or why not?
- Has the hiring practice positively impacted the shareholders of these companies and society in general? Please support your opinion.
Application Assignments must be in APA style and format.