Select ONE brain-altering drug–a street drug, a prescription drug, or a legal drug, such as alcohol or tobacco.
Create a 13- to 15-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation in which you address the following:
- Identify your drug and define its primary use in our culture.
- Identify rates of use and populations affected by using this drug.
- Discuss the regions of the brain affected by this drug. How does this drug alter brain chemistry?
- How do high versus low doses of this drug compare in altering behavior, mood, and cognition?
- Discuss the implications of one-time, casual, or long-term use on the physiology of the brain, and on behavior, mood, and cognition.
- If a person developed an addiction to the drug you selected, what therapeutic interventions would be used to treat the addiction?
Note. Online students: Include substantive speaker notes.
Format your presentation consistent with APA guidelines.